1. Emergencies: We can usually work in urgent patients on a same day basis. For urgent after hours issues, call our office number at (512) 459-4869 for instructions on reaching us. For true emergencies, please dial 911.
2. Appointments: New patients are encouraged to arrive 10 to 15 minutes prior to their appointment. New patient paperwork can be downloaded from our "New Patients" page and filled out prior to the appointment.
Please bring a list of your medical conditions and medications with you to your visit. This is especially important for any creams, ointments, or lotions you have been prescribed for your skin condition.
Please bring your insurance card and photo ID with you to each visit. These are required in order for us to bill your insurance company for services rendered. Please notify our office when you change insurance carriers, move, or change your telephone number or email address.
When calling to make an appointment, please have your insurance card and any required authorization numbers. Please provide us with a phone number where you can be reached during the day in the event that we have to change your appointment.
A $100.00 non-refundable deposit will be required to schedule a surgery or filler appointment.
3. Refill Policy: If you have run out of authorized refills, you may call your pharmacy and have them fax a request to our office. We will respond to the request within 24 hours.
Refills may be denied if we feel that it is in your best interest to be seen first.
Refills cannot be authorized if more than one year has elapsed since your last visit.
Refills may be denied if there has been a missed appointment.
Routine refills cannot be filled after hours.
If your prescription requires a prior authorization, we will ask that you contact your insurance carrier and have them fax us any necessary forms.
4. Missed Appointments: We request that you notify our office at least 24 hours prior to your appointment if you need to cancel or reschedule. Missed filler or surgery appointments will result in loss of the deposit.
5. Payment Policy: We will file insurance claims with plans for which we are participating providers. We do collect co-pays, co-insurance and unmet deductibles on the day of your visit. Many of our services, including office surgeries, skin biopsies, and freezing of warts and other skin lesions, are subject to co-insurance and deductibles. If you are unsure of your insurance coverage, you may contact our billing department for assistance prior to your visit. Some of our services may be considered not medically necessary, and therefore not covered by insurance. You may want to check with your insurance carrier prior to your visit.
For private pay patients, full payment is expected on the day of service unless prior arrangments have been made. Billing information will be provided to you on request if you wish to file for reimbursement from your insurance carrier.
If current or correct insurance information is not provided, we will make every attempt to file the claim for payment, but if the claim is denied, the patient will be responsible for payment of services rendered.
We look forward to serving you, and we appreciate any comments or suggestions you may have to make our office run more smoothly for you!